Canggu Restaurant Continues Without Permit
DENPASAR ~ The construction of a restaurant belonging to a German investor near Batu Bolong temple, Canggu, continued this week despite warnings from the local works department, an official said.
Last Friday chief of the department I Ketut Suwandi said officials from his department had been sent to warn the owner to stop building because he did not yet have a permit.
“The owner has been warned, now it is the responsibility of Satpol PP (City Guardians) to take action,” Suwandi said.
Staff of Badung Satpol PP confirmed they had received the request to stop the project, and said they had also received complaints from local residents about the restaurant project.
One source said on Thursday that officers from Satpol PP had seized worker’s tools two weeks ago in order to stop construction, but since then workers had sneakily continued working.
The source complained about the restaurant building being less than two and a half meters from the temple walls.
“If this kind of infraction continues, Bali will fall to pieces,” the source said.Filed under: The Island