Jimbaran Seafood ‘Poisons’ 15 Tourists
BANGLI ~ Fifteen tourists from Yogyakarta were treated at Bangli General Hospital on Saturday for food poisoning, doctors said.
The tourists said they suspected they had food poisoning because they had all eaten fish at a restaurant in Jimbaran the night before.
According to members of the tour group, some people complained of feeling sick and dizzy when they visited Sukawati during the day on Saturday, but the majority of those affected began feeling faint and vomited later in the evening.
Dr. Banu Asmoro from Bangli Hospital’s emergency room said most of those affected were adults and although they felt very ill, did not need to be admitted to hospital.
He said it was likely food poisoning was the cause of the illness, but he could not confirm it without tests.Filed under: The Island