Man Sets Fire to Self, Home
YEH KUNING ~ A man putting petrol in his motorbike in a small lane outside his kitchen set fire to his house as well as himself, an official said.
According to witnesses, Made Sulatra, from Yeh Kuning, Jembrana, was cooking fish on his gas stove just feet away from the lane where he routinely filled his motorbike with petrol, when petrol fumes ignited.
Head of Negara City Police Ngurah Putu Riasa said Sulatra’s neighbor immediately called the fire department, but it was difficult for them to get down the narrow lane to the victim, who had by then suffered burns to half of his body.
Riasa said the fire had spread quickly and had caused around Rp25 million (US$2,136) in damages, not including hospital bills for the victim, who was admitted to Negara General Hospital for treatment.Filed under: The Island