Blaze Rips Through Shophouse
A house in North Kuta was badly damaged on Saturday after a gas stove exploded.
The blaze at the two storey shophouse on Jl Raya Padonan in Banjar Kulibul Kangin, Tibubeneng, began at about 2pm according to witnesses. The property was owned by local man AA Gde Sarjana.
According to I Wayan Astawa of the Badung Fire Department, the explosion was likely caused after the stove was inadvertently left burning by a resident of the property.
“Having been left, the flame continued to burn and there was an explosion,” he said.
Most of the contents of the residential section of the building were destroyed by the flames, and the fire quickly spread to the retail section of the property, causing damage to the stock.
Five fire engines from the Badung Fire Department arrived at the scene after neighbours reported the explosion, with officers able to extinguish the blaze in around 15 minutes.
Officials said that there were no fatalities or injuries caused by the incident, but that the damages caused likely ran into hundreds of millions of rupiah.Filed under: Headlines