Nusa Dua Fiesta Gain Compliments
NUSA DUA ~
Indonesian cultural performance and firework ended the splendor of Nusa Dua Fiesta (NDF) 2013 at Peninsula Island, Bali, on Tuesday night, November 19, 2013. Appreciation addressed to the event that had been held for sixteen times.
Vice Governor of Bali, Ketut Sudikerta, officially closed the annual event on Tuesday (19/11), expressed his appreciation to BTDC that has maintained the event up to the sixteenth in order to promote Bali tourism.
“I hope that this event not only improve Bali tourism, but also improve people wealth through tourism,” he said.
He said that Bali can’t only rely on Nusa Dua Fiesta, but there should be innovative promotion at international level. For example, marathon competition as an international event held in line with NDF by involving world community.
This year NDF has a theme of “Wana Lelangunan” which has connection to BTDC commitment in keeping the natural environment, forest and underwater.
“We are the state-owned enterprise in tourism sector, but really keep the environment. We are not greedy making use of the nature,” NDF Committee Leader, Ida Bagus Abdhi explained.
During 5 days of the event, the 16th NDF held by Bali Tourism Development Corporation (BTDC) and other tourism industry in Bali could attract thousands of visitors who came every day.
“The number of visitors each day in average is more than 10,000 people,” he concluded.
Director of BTDC, IB Wirajaya, said that NDF this year ran smoothly starting from hotel parade presenting Kebo Iwa and Ngelawang Barong performance. “Indeed, there were weaknesses, therefore it will be points for evaluation so NDF in the next years could be even better,” he said in the closing speech.Filed under: Travel & Culture