The Island
RSS Feed

Bali’s Exports of Processed Fish to US Up

DENPASAR ~ Bali’s exports of processed fish to the United States rose to US$1.29 million in February 2014 from US$895,000 a year earlier. Exports to the United States made up 40.53 percent of Bali’s total exports of processed fish, I Ketut Teneng, Bali’s provincial administration spokesman said here on Sunday. “The remaining 59.47 percent were […]

Badung Regent Instructs Billboards Arrangement

MANGUPURA ~ Badung Regent, Anak Agung Gde Agung, instructed the related regional work force to rearrange billboards installation so it will not distract the city look. “At the beginning of May 2014 we will soon arrange the billboards installation so it doesn’t distract the city arrangement in Badung Regency,” he said when met with Independent […]

Governor of Bali Encourages People to Reject Localization

DENPASAR ~ Governor of Bali,Made Mangku Pastika, encouraged people on the island to dare rejecting the existence of several places alleged as being localization as one of the effective effort to control the spread of HIV/ AIDS. “So far the issue of HIV/ AIDS has yet to be fully addressed and the effort to look […]

Legislator Asks the Increasing Airport Tax to be Reviewed

DENPASAR ~ Vice Chairman of Commission I Bali Provincial Parliament, Gusti Putu Widjera, asked PT Angkasa Pura I Ngurah Rai International Airport reviewing the imposition of a tariff increase for aircraft passenger service (PJP2U) or airport tax. “PT Angkasa Pura (PAP) I Ngurah Rai International Airport before imposing a rate increase on airport tax first […]

Migrant Worker from Bali Missing at Burma Sea

NEGARA ~ Indonesian Migrant Worker (TKI), named Putu Suprapto, from Pergung Village, Jembrana regency, Bali, lost at Burma sea on March 20, according to a letter received by the family. “The agent departing him said that he was disappeared while attempting to rescue lifeboat he drove. But we do not know the truth for sure,” […]

Bali Get 1.51 Million Dollar from Bags

DENPASAR ~ Bali gain income of 1.51 million U.S. dollars from the export of handicraft bags made of leather during 2013, an increase of 4.37 percent over the previous year which recorded 1.29 million U.S. dollars. “Similarly, in terms of the volume, that economical commodity has increased very significantly,” said the Head of Public Relations […]

Trash in Jembrana Reach Up Seven Tons Everyday

JEMBRANA ~ Jembrana Regency, Bali, produces trash up to seven tons everyday so that the trash trucks have to operate in the morning and afternoon to transport it to the dump. “The volume of trash keeps increasing each year. Solution must be found, not only by adding truck and landfill, but also could be by […]

Bali Hotels Association Appoints 2014 Board

Bali Hotels Association (BHA) is delighted to announce the appointment of a brand new board as it embarks on even more exciting programs for the 2014 period. “The new board will play a key role in the implementation of various programs that the association has planned for this year. Each executive member will be responsible […]