By S.BS. Surendran
Every building constructed is an investment of a life time; its value appreciates over a period of time and provides shelter too. Why build a home that could be prone to legal hassles, money problems, mishaps, theft, relationship issues, career obstacles or sickness?.
If Vaastu or Feng Shui is employed from the beginning of the project, it can prevent costly mistakes. By incorporating Classical Feng Shui principles into your new home construction/design, the benefits are tremendous. The premise behind Feng Shui is to ensure that your home and the surrounding exterior environment supports and enhances greater human potential, opportunity, and positive experience. It is said that, a large portion of the future occupant’s fate can be decided by the way the building is placed on a piece of land. Using time-tested mathematical formulas based on the date and how a structure is to be placed on a piece of land, one could build a home that ushers success, prosperity, good health, and a happy family life.
Adapting the basic tenets of vaastu and fengshui in terms of locating good piece of property, orienting the home to the best direction, proper placement of rooms, doors and windows, ideal colors, floor and wall décor and positioning water features will increase your ability to weather the “storms of life” with minimum impact. The most important areas of concern are the location and direction of the front door, the kitchen location and stove placement within the kitchen, the home office, and the master bedroom.
Before start of construction activity, identifying date and time suitable for the occupants in terms of energy levels when the Ground breaking happens ensures a smooth flow of construction work without stoppages due to financial or labour related issues. There are some general guidelines which can be followed although a specific design for a home or office cannot be arrived at as it is case specific to the occupants and type of activity in the proposed building.
You could broadly think of:
• Locate bedrooms in the most beneficial positions for each family member
• Design a front entry that draws in maximum positive energy which in turn enhances the prosperity, health, harmony and good fortune
• Select the best positions for main doors, interior door openings, kitchen appliances, and living spaces for beneficial to prevent obstacles for the life-enhancing energy flow
• Ensure all designs are studied and any defects due to negative energy emanating from the environment is countered and neutralized with modifications in your interior layouts.
• Adapt floor décor, colors and materials that create the right balance and enhance the quality of energy throughout your home
If you want to create an environment that increases prosperity, lifts your mood, enhances health, and boosts your energy, now is the time to use Feng Shui. By implementing classic Feng Shui solutions you can attain your objectives sooner and with less effort.
S.BS. Surendran is an accredited master feng shui consultant, traditional vaastu practitioner and bio-energetician based in Bangalore, India. He can be contacted via email@example.com