By S.BS. Surendran
A building vibrates and pulsates with energy which is invisible to our eyes but imbalance of energies affect thought, speech and actions which in turn influences the relationship luck. Adapting the right décor, color and layout through techniques of Feng Shui and Vaastu does help in activating good chi (energy) which empowers the relationship, love and marriage aspirations of the individual.
In Feng Shui, the symbolism of what we see has a strong influence on our mind hence its preferred that ensure that the bedroom says “peace and romance” in some way in its decor.
Some of the simple yet practical tips one could follow to enhance relationship and love luck are:
• Place the bed in a location that gives you clear sight of the door.
• Use soft lampshades so that the light in the bedroom is not harsh and powerful but subdued and calming.
• Ensure that bed is supported by a solid wall behind it.
• Avoid exposed overhead beams and shiny surfaces like mirrors in bedroom.
Candles create a pleasant ambiance and good decorating style hence scented candles are often great Feng Shui enhancers due to the mood-enhancing qualities certain fragrance possess. Placing fragrant candles at Southwest sectors of the home in colors of red, pink, lilac and yellow are harbingers of good relationship, happiness and joy.
In ancient China, symbol of fish was always included as one of the items in the betrothal gifts given to the parents of the bride. A pair of fish was symbolic of the joys of union and the fish emblem was believed to be a charm against bad luck. Displaying such symbols in the bedroom or the family areas of the home is said to usher in family harmony.
Although these simple steps are just a few of the many ways you can use Feng Shui to improve your relationship luck, they will do a lot to shift the energy of your home. As your environment becomes more welcoming to romance, your own energy will shift as a result.
For those seeking a dream partner, when you are clear in your heart about the kind of love you want, and take action to welcome it into your home, your dream of lasting happiness with a wonderful partner really can come true.
A key principle of Feng Shui is that everything is connected energetically. This means that your thoughts and feelings, even your behavior, are strongly influenced by your surroundings.
• To activate good love and romance luck you could place flowering plants in the East sector of your home or a golden tortoise to overcome obstacles in romance and love.
• To dissolve bad luck and take away bad romance luck you could place an ammonite shell in the East too.
• Mandarin ducks enhances love and marriage prospects and if they are especially made of Rose quartz they are excellent, even a pair of rose quartz smooth crystal ball at SW corner of the bedroom can mitigate the hurdles in marriage prospects and post-marital conflicts.
S.BS. Surendran is an accredited master feng shui consultant, traditional vaastu practitioner and bio-energetician based in Bangalore, India. He can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org