Two Suspected Terrorists Killed in Indonesia’s Palu Gun Battle

Two Suspected Terrorists Killed in Indonesia’s Palu Gun Battle

Two suspected terrorists of the East Indonesia Mujahidin (MIT) terror group were shot dead by Operation Tinombala Task Force members in Palu city, Central Sulawesi Police Chief Inspector General Abdul Rakhman Baso confirmed.

Abdul said the police had taken firm and measured action against the two suspected terrorists who were identified as Bojes and Aziz. The terror group was led by Ali Kalora.
“Yes, it is confirmed that the two members of the Ali Kalora group have died after a measured action was taken by the Task Force members,” Abdul told reporters at the State Police Academy in Labuan Panimba on November 17.

He said a gunfight had occurred when the Operation Tinombala Task Force members were about to arrest the two most-wanted list in West Bolano Village in Parigi Moutong regency.
After the two were paralyzed, the police immediately seized the suspects’ revolvers, Molotov cocktails, ammunition, GPS, and other equipment.

The police then immediately evacuated the bodies to the Bhayangkara Hospital of the Central Sulawesi Police.

Selling fruit cocktail

In Bolana Village, Yuli was shocked when hearing about the death of her son Bojes. Yuni could not believe that her son was involved in a terror group. She said that the last time she met with her son was at a wedding party in their village last year.

“I haven’t heard from him for a long time. The last time I heard that he was selling fruit cocktail in Palu city, then he worked in a repair workshop,” she said on Wednesday.
Bojes’ body was buried in his hometown in Bolano Village, Parigi Moutong regency in Central Sulawesi.

Meanwhile, no decision has been made whether Aziz will be buried in West Nusa Tenggara province or Palu city as the police have not heard from his family.

Senior Commissioner Didik Supranoto, spokesman for the Central Sulawesi Police, said that besides Bojes and Azis, 13 other suspected terrorists are allegedly connected to the MIT terror group. However, Didik said he had not received further information. He did not elaborate on how long the two suspected terrorists have been involved in the MIT and their roles in the terror group.


Comments are closed.