By S.BS. Surendran
Door numbers and building numbers are considered to play a significant role in the quality of Chi energy swirling around the premises and your home. Numbers are an integral part of Feng Shui, with each direction having its own corresponding digit. They have a significance in terms of energy and vitality of a building too. Numbers can be utilized to help create better luck and by placing certain Fengshui objects based on the five elements theory in the correct number in the correct direction, you can energize and empower them to mitigate bad energy.
When one gets to own a property for which the number does not appear quite conducive it gives rise to many negative thoughts in the minds of the owner and also creates unrest. A house number by itself does not create problems, but negativity can be created when combined with other aspects.
The numbers 1, 6, and 8 are said to be the most favorable numbers according to Feng Shui principles. On the other hand, the most unfavorable numbers are 2 and 5. However no decision on buying a property can be based solely on the building number, one needs to examine other important elements of Feng Shui, including location and the surrounding area before deciding.
We have no possibility to choose our property numbers and hence we have no control on the type of energy it possess and in case the number is unfavorable, you can still work around the number to transform the energy of the property without having to change the same.
You could begin by primarily looking at the following things:
• Start by looking outside your home and Avoid displaying the house numbers on the door or outside walls.
• Keep the porch area clean and lush green plants can counteract inauspicious numbers.
• To help create a free flowing environment for chi energy, wind chimes are considered good. Five rods hollow metal wind chimes could be suspended at the porch.
• Use of moving water like fountains or even birth baths can help absorb and deflect bad energy.
• You could place the Chinese “Fu Dogs” (lion faced dogs) facing outwards close to the main door entrance as they are the mythical creatures to control the bad energy flowing in and around the home.
If you own a property with the door number as 4 or 13 which is considered negative, the simplest remedy is to draw a circle around the number. The circle is extremely powerful and encloses the inauspicious effects of a negative number. You could also consider getting the numbers etched onto a ceramic plate with a circle around the number as ceramic is earth element and can control the bad energy of the property.
The reality we need to consider and not get too worried about Building numbers is that as we cannot change the numbers we need not have to dwell on them too much as it can trigger off negative vibes through our thoughts and enhance negativity and not counter it.
S.BS. Surendran is an accredited master feng shui consultant, traditional vaastu practitioner and bio-energetician based in Bangalore, India. He can be contacted via email@example.com